Kampuchea will be always in my heart....

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ka Teav Tirk (Cambodian noodle soup)


It is very cold today, all I could think of is something warm. So, I decided to make soup. I ate so much already, three bowls for lunch and perhaps I am going to have a few more bowls for dinner. See the thing with ka teav tirk is that it doesn't stay in the stomach so long. I get hungry easily.

Picture above is Cambodian noodle soup. It is called Ka Teav Tirk. The white noodle is made of rice. We serve with many topping as you can see in the foto.
Herbs:
-ji van suy(celantro)
-ji pala (Khmer mint)
-ji krohom (Khmer red basil)

Meat topping:
-thinly sliced beef
-shrimp
-beef and pork ball

Sauce for meat dipping:
-hot chilli
-hoisin sauce
To bring the soup even tastier, we toss in some fried shallots, pepper, lemon and bean sprout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home