Kampuchea will be always in my heart....

Monday, April 17, 2006

BaanChav (Cambodian Crepe)

I made Cambodian Crepe which is called Baan Chav or Khmer Krom(south Cambodia) call it "num chak menh" in English meaning "Pot-Fried Cake". Baan Chav is made of rice flour. L`miet (turmeric) is added to make the rice flour yellow, it's not egg yolk. It is stuffed with ground chicken or pork, shrimp and bean sprout. Baan chav is eaten with vegetable wrapping and dip with the Khmer sweet and sour sauce. Besides fish and poultry, most Cambodian are vegetable eater close to vegetarian, so this particular dish makes us go crazy with the vegetable. It's the combination of the sauce and all the vegies that harmonize everything. This is a wonderful way to intake fresh vitamin and it contains very little fat.

6 Comments:

  • kc, aw kun jreun!

    By Blogger Location:, At 10:41 AM  

  • Thank you for this post... I'm sharing it with my friends as I had this meal on Saturday! Yum!!!

    By Blogger canadasue, At 8:24 PM  

  • hello, thanks for the post. Do have any trips on how to prevent a soggy crepe?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:48 PM  

  • I just had this wonderful egg crepe on Saturday. I was mad because I had to share it with my husband. (smile) Wow! Now, I am craving the next one. Thanks, Chef Sybil Long Beach

    By Blogger Sybil, At 8:06 PM  

  • Thank you for sharing. Me too, I love 'Num Baan-chav'. I'd like to see more about Khmer food.

    Keep it up!

    By Blogger Cookinghead, At 3:59 PM  

  • Thank you for sharing. Keep it up!

    By Blogger Cookinghead, At 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home