Kampuchea will be always in my heart....

Friday, November 02, 2007

Khmer Rouge and The Vietnamese Link

The Khmer Rouge and the Vietnamese Communists:
A history of their relations as told in the Soviet archives
by Dmitry Mosyakov

To this day, the real history of relations between the Khmer communists and their Vietnamese colleagues is enclosed in a veil of secrecy. Despite extensive research on this theme in Russia and abroad, there are still no reliable answers to many key questions. The history of relations between Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge is construed in Vietnam in a way which sometimes has nothing to do with the story told in the West. Statements of some Khmer Rouge leaders like Khieu Samphan or Ieng Sari, who have recently defected to the governmental camp in Phnom Penh and say what people want to hear, are not to be trusted either. All this supports the assumption that analysis of relations between Hanoi and the Khmer Rouge is not only a historical problem. There is still a political component, which encumbers its objective study. To read more click here ...

3 Comments:

  • Honestly, I was less interested in politics in our country, a very long drama in which there is not a hero from the beginning, bored!!
    You gave another approach. It sounds like there are many stories behind the scene. plz keep speaking out for good.

    By Blogger poophnom, At 9:48 AM  

  • I have no intention to be a politician nor be involved in politics, it is very dirty. I can't fight, I can't steal, I can't lie. I have better thing to do in life. But the suffering of our people and country encourage me to find justice. I believe that everybody has the right to live and free from opression.

    I believe, if we stand right and continue to show our loyalty, one day we can win. Good vs. Evil.

    By Blogger Location:, At 7:44 PM  

  • You're definitely right. we should not just standing still and look.
    But it's not easy for me to say who was good or bad in our country. And y i found your blog is interesting.

    By Blogger poophnom, At 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home